WELCOME TO MOTHERS' MILK BANK
Mothers Milk Bank is Making Breast Milk Available to as Many Families as Possible!
Most of our recipients are infants in neonatal intensive care units. These are a few examples of medical reasons that a doctor would be able to prescribe donor milk:
- Failing to thrive on formula
- Facing life-threatening diseases or conditions
- Failing immune systems or catastrophic diseases
- Insufficient milk supply from mother
- Supplemental while mother is gaining her supply during the first few weeks of the baby’s life
- Adopted by families who believe in the value of breast milk
- Born to mothers whose breast milk isn’t suitable for consumption, either because of disease or due to drugs that pass through milk
Donor breast milk offers all of the benefits of human milk for infants including:
- Optimal nutrition
- Easy digestibility
- Promotion of growth and healing of tissue
Please fill out each field of our Donor Breast Milk Inquiry Form and our Recipient Coordinator will contact you within 24 business hours to give you all of the information that you need.
For Spanish please call 877-375-6645 (Option 2)
Donor Breast Milk Inquiry Form
If your baby is in the hospital, the hospital can order the milk as a standard service. The hospital purchasing unit can submit the Hospital Request Form with a purchase order identification number. Hospitals in California must have a tissue bank license in order to provide donor human milk to their patients. We too have a tissue license. Therefore we are one of the few who can collaborate with Hospitals in full compliance
Pricing for the donor breast milk is $3.75 an ounce plus shipping. Our milk comes in 4 ounce bottles only. If you have questions regarding the process and possible insurance coverage, please fill out the donor breast milk inquiry form above.